In the interest of public health, there are a number of new strategies that Taylor Community Library is taking to help mitigate the community’s risk to the COVID-19 outbreak. This is a rapidly evolving situation. For the latest information and guidance on COVID-19, please refer to the Centers for Disease Control, State of Michigan, Occupational Safety & Health Administration, and the World Health Organization websites.
Until further notice, the Taylor Community Library building is closed to visitors.
Please do NOT return items for the time being. Due dates are being extended and the Taylor Community Library does not charge late fees.
Curbside pickup has been suspended at this time.
Use the library from home
Please be aware that the library is available 24/7 through our digital download and streaming services. You will need a library card to login. Temporary cards are being issued. If you do not know your PIN, it is most likely either 1234 or the last four digits of your phone number. Please call the library at 734-287-4840 during regular open hours if you need assistance.
- Hoopla: eBooks, eAudiobooks, Movies, TV, Music, and more! No holds, no waiting. For the months of March and April, we have increased the number of Hoopla checkouts to 10 per library card.
- Overdrive/Libby: eBooks & eAudiobooks
- RBDigital: Free popular magazines
- Freegal: Downloadable and streaming music
- Creativebug: Arts & crafts tutorials, patterns, and more
- Ancestry Library Edition: Search billions of genealogy documents to piece together your family history
- TumbleBook Library: Interactive, read-along eBooks for kids in K-6
- TumbleMath: Stories to help kids in K-6 understand complicated math concepts
- TeenBookCloud: eBooks for middle and high school students
- AudioBookCloud: eAudiobooks for all ages
- RomanceBookCloud: A huge collection of steamy romance novels for the older crowd
Free Internet Offers
Those without internet access at home, please be aware that a number of companies are providing free internet services to those who qualify for a limited period of time. Check the links below to see if you qualify.
Please use the online calendar to check the current status of scheduled events. At this time, we intend to hold our regular discussion-based events via teleconference, and are holding additional events via social media. No in person participation will be allowed. Please check Facebook and Instagram for more details on events held on these platforms.
Until further notice, the library is suspending all volunteer assignments. If you were scheduled for a volunteer shift, please do not come in. The volunteer coordinator will communicate directly with current volunteers for more information.
Recommendations from the State of Michigan
The State of Michigan recommends using good hygiene practices to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Keep your distance from others when you are sick.
- Stay home from work or school when you are sick for at least 24 hours after your fever (100 F and above) is gone, except to seek medical care. Your fever should be gone without using fever-reducing medications or antiviral drugs. It could take up to one week or more to feel better.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze or cough (tissue or sleeve)
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently. If soap and water are not available, alcohol-based cleaners (at least 60% alcohol ingredient) are effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth germs are spread this way.
- Get plenty of sleep, water, healthy food and exercise
- Seek medical care early. Consult your healthcare provider immediately if you develop flu symptoms.
If you or someone you know is experiencing financial hardships due to employment concerns, you can learn more about applying for expanded unemployment coverage through this digital factsheet.
As the situation changes, we will explore additional services to ensure that the community has everything they need to weather this difficult time. Stay tuned to our website and social media channels or call at 734-287-4840 for updates.