Taylor Community Library seeks detail-oriented and enthusiastic candidates for a Full-Time Community Engagement Librarian focusing on Adult Services. The ideal candidate’s job duties and skills will likely include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Approximately 15-25 hours weekly on the information & technology support (a.k.a. reference) desk.
- Ordering and weeding fiction, nonfiction, and movies for adults.
- Planning and facilitating weekly computer classes and monthly book discussion.
- Other events as time and capacity permits.
- Event offerings may change based on community needs.
- Conducting outreach with the small business community and people seeking employment in our community.
- Current content creation tools for publicity and social media are MailChimp and Canva.
- Current content management system is WordPress.
- Current ILS is CARL.X.
- Current schedule includes two evenings per week and biweekly Saturdays.
To be considered for this position, candidates must possess or be in school to obtain a master’s degree in Library or Information Science or comparable ALA-accredited graduate-level degree. Preference will be given to those with demonstrated experience in community outreach, Braille & Talking Books, education, social work, or related fields.
To apply, you must upload your resume along with a thoughtful cover letter indicating why you would be a good fit for this role using our official job description and application for a Community Engagement Librarian.
Starting Salary Range: $40,000 – $42,500 annual